We have an interesting selection of titles for WBN14, including the excellent Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovich. I can't recommend this series enough, though I would caution you that it's still in progress, so if you race through the latest book (Broken Homes) and are then anguishing in wait for the next, don't come back and blame me ;)
There are also four 'quick reads' titles, which is nice to see in a mainstream event. Having been book-mad from a very early age, I've always taken it somewhat for granted that reading is an enjoyable experience. Having worked in education for a few years now, I've realised that it is quite intimidating, and difficult, for some to approach. Hopefully it might encourage those who are more wary of reading to have a go.
If you fancy having a look at the full range, follow the link below:
http://www.worldbooknight.org/books/2014-book-list
I've also taken on the 2014 Reading Challenge on Goodreads, quoting 50 books this year. I would have guessed this to be about my average yearly quota for books but I'm not sure if I actually read this many, or if I even go over 50 - it will be interesting to see, and report back! Have included a widget below - largely because it's simply too long since I've typed 'widget' - to track my progress.
2014 Reading Challenge
Oncemore has
read 5 books toward a goal of 50 books.
Off to order the WBN14 titles we don't already have in stock. Until next time, folks, happy reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment