For the love of books

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Dusting off ye olde blogge

Hello out there! It certainly has been a while. I'd like to say i've been doing exciting things but i'm not sure that writing a hundred million SB invoices and RFID tagging really qualifies.

I don't really have a specific 'theme' for this post, it's more of a reflection on the work we have done on 23 Things thus far, and what could be done in the future. I think, for instance, that I really should have numbered each 'thing' in posts as I went through, rather than spending time thinking up funky post titles, so this is something I plan to go back through my posts and update.

Looking back, i've also enjoyed the variety of tools we have explored for sharing information online, with particular shout-outs going to Prezi, Pearltrees and Pinterest. I think we can all see this in action with the new LRC Induction Prezi, thanks to Marianne and Lisa who did an excellent job of polishing what was definitely not polished when I first had a play around with it!

I was also thinking about whether we could use the 23 Things blogging platform to support the upcoming PTLLS course - assuming, obviously, that any of us have the spare time to do anything in September - it might be an interesting way to share ideas and thoughts about the course with everyone on the team.

I leave you with a quote from Donald E. Westlake on the subject of priorities, and cake (both of which we may well be needing a surplus of in the weeks to come!)

"Nobody gets everything in this life. You decide your priorities and you make your choices. I'd decided long ago that any cake I had would be eaten."
Why would you have cake and not eat it? Answers on a postcard please ...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere, Bookbandit! I've just resurfaced myself and dusted off my blog, with still one more task to catch up on. I like your idea of the PTLLS blog, though as you say, may be a challenge to find any time in which to contribute. But I think excellent to at least try!

    ReplyDelete